ROSE ELINOR DOUGALL - THE DISTRACTIONS EP (2012)

Descarrega aquí.



Hello everyone and a belated happy new year!
In order to get 2012 started in the right way, i thought it was about time there was another offering..So here is a little EP featuring 3 tracks that anyone who attended my live show may have heard. The songs were recorded at the end of 2010 as rough demos with The Distractions, featuring my brother Tom, (now burning a trail with his excellent new band TOY), and also Ralegh Long who’s solo work can be heard here.
Whilst i was recording some new demos this December, we came across this group of recordings and thought it was a waste to let them gather dust, so we gave them a little bit of polish and made some little videos for you. The tracks are available to download for free in almost every format via my Bandcamp page. I want to stress that this is not material off the new record, as since the time of recording, a whole new body of work has been formed that has suggested a different path to me from the one gestured towards in tracks such as these. But i really hope you enjoy it all the same..

I have spent the last 12 months writing and demoing for the second album. Its been a very different, more in depth, detailed process than the preparation was for ‘Without Why’, but I think it has really been worth it. I am really excited for this next album, and thank you for being patient with me.. I really think it will be worth it!
Rose xx



Rose Elinor Dougall website

Comentaris

Publica un comentari a l'entrada