FOXES IN FICTION - SWUNG FROM THE BRANCHES (2010)

Descarrega aquí.

Foxes in Fiction - Swung from the Branches by Moodgadget

"Hey guys, my mind is gone, but here is the download for the new mixtape album I've been putting together over the course of the past three months or so. The title was taken from a lyric in the song 'Jimi Bleachball'.

The whole thing was recorded for a kind of cassette A Side / B Side format so there is a pretty obvious division in style between the two. The first flows kind of as one long dreamlike hallucination song that segways pretty easily into each track, and is meant to inspire some pretty specific moods, while the second side more lucid pop songs. A big inspiration in making a lot of these songs was short-tracked hip hop albums like J Dillas' 'Donuts'. I don't know how obvious this is. It wasn't even really supposed to have an 'album' feel but it just sort of turned out that way, even two albums?, though I'm hoping it kind of has something for everyone.

Most of these songs are tracks that arose from restlessness, breaks between classes, insomnia and 5 AM isolation while in my in my apartment in Toronto. A couple of them are reworkings of old tracks that most of you guys probably have never heard but I felt would be fitting on this release. In the new few days I'm gonna post the lyrics and some detailed explanations into the meaning behind some of these tracks, cause who doesn't love to know? Hope you enjoy it. xoxo" (Warren Hildebrand)

Foxes In Fiction website
Foxes In Fiction myspace

Comentaris