LAURA SHEERAN - MUSIC FOR THE DEEP WOODS (2010)

Descarrega aquí.



"I have been chasing Laura Sheeran to give me a release for Open for literally 3 years (beginning in my Net-Lab days). I heard her sing only once in person, for about 60 seconds, and I’ve been affected by it ever since.
Be it her solo work, which runs the spectrum from naively sexual and gentle (in a playing outside in the summer kind of way) to immensely dark and tortured (Trapped Under Ice opens with the lyrics ‘There’s panic in the atmosphere. My heart beats so fast, I cut through my tongue in fear…‘), or her contributions with Fovea Hex, one cannot help but be blown away by the sheer (no pun intended) emotional weight of her output -where she waves her fingers, or quivers her lip, beautiful music gushes forth in dischordant waves of distress and comfort.

And luckily for us, this release is no different. Featuring contributions from members of Fovea Hex and Nurse with Wound (we can’t believe it either!), plus some veterans of the Irish noise and outsider folk scenes, this is an all-too brief glimpse at amazing natural talent reaching upwards." (ThisIsOpenMusic!)

Llicència Creative Commons
ThisIsOpenMusic!
Laura Sheerean myspace

Comentaris