THE HUMAN ELEPHANT - OWNER WITHOUT A DOG E.P. (2010)

Descarrega aquí.

01 Dolphins Dying / The Star
02 Owner Without A Dog
03 Pugscared - Parts I and II
04 Chemical Substances

"This here unapologetic mash note is dedicated to a band I much respect and admire even though I don’t know them at all and remain and will remain a cipher to me, and perhaps that makes me like them even more and I’m not trying to be clever here, John Edward Donald is the main guy I guess though they’re all good and worthy of course but the thing about John is that he embodies many an appealing contradiction for me— a cunning soul searcher who smacks of honesty and piercing introspection, so sad and humorous, yet is the leader of a rock band (Rock and Roll, how often you are the synonym of Fake) and a GREAT rock band it is, this paradoxical Human Elephant; also, a deadpan romantic whose tuneful voice cracks often and yet it sounds so damned right when it does almost as if he wanted it to crack right there and then for expressive purposes and who transmits powerful ideas and emotions with sober gestures and simple means and, one imagines, a long face… when I see Buster Keaton sing and jump with his ukulele in a futile attempt to appease a crying infant in Steamboat Bill Jr. I always imagine John’s voice coming out from that most expressive of inexpressive faces, I kid you not, that’s how much I love the Human Elephant and Buster Keaton both very much intertwined in my playful brain. So please love this band before they become famous and if they never do and indeed remain truthful and obscure, please, love them even more." (Umor Rex)

Llicència Creative Commons
Umor Rex netlabel
The Human Elephant myspace

Comentaris